Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vahshi Band: Interview, Biography

Hi Everybody!
I’m So Sorry Because I’m Posting A Bit Late, I Had A Problem With My Pc. Anyways, Like You All Give A F***. I Absolutely Expect More Comments And More Support. I Made A Profile For My Blog On MySpace To Make It More “Global”. Check It Out! So, First As Usual, Answer For Comments.

I’m Kinda Got Used To Have Siavash As The First Commenter. Well, I Know That Song Rocked All Over You. Because We Heard It Together.

Hey Amin, (Which Amin Are You? Cuz I Know A Bunch Of Them.) If You Saw Puzzle’s Profile On Myspace, You Wouldn’t Say That. Cuz All That Is There Is Songs, Great Ones, And Picture. What I Need Is A Biography. Yeah Jamshid Is My Teacher, I’ll Talk To Him For It When I See Him.

Hey Elnaz. I Really Appreciate What You Do Here In Iran. I Mean We Boys Are Drowning In Shit. What Can A Girl Do? But I’ll Make You Heard I Swear. I Have A Surprise For You, Too.

Hey Nick, Nice “Bombings” Dude! You’re Lucky You Heard That Song. Cuz It’s Something You Won’t Here In A Decade.

Hey Jaghi, Like Yahya, I Prefer Not To Answer You At All. But I Have Some Links For P***ographic Stories Which You May Like. I’ll Tell You On Yahoo Cuz I Know Who The F*** You Are. I Just Don’t Like My Blog To Be Filtered, So I’ll Send Those Links To Your ID. By The Way, I Didn’t Even Know That Tehran Avenue Has Comments, Too.

I Don’t Know Who Are You Mr. That-Link. Anyway, You Are Someone From Metal Archives If I Am Maynard James.

Hey Yahya, I Really Like It When I See You Comment. At Least Someone Likes My Blog. I Know Who He Is And I’ll Treat Him So He Have His Mouth Shot, 24/7.

Again, We Have Greeting From Jaghi. I Think I Know Who I’m Talking With. And I Know Who’s Fake And Who’s Not. I’m Old Enough For That. So You Can Have Your Mouth Shot. And Check Your Own Sites.

Hey Mr. Pishnahad, Thanks For Your Support. I Yet Don’t Have Enough Fans For A Forum But I’ll Do That Soon. I’m Working On A Cool Template. Check My Myspace Profile.

Hey Taraneh, I Think You Can Figure Out If You Read The Discription. Anyway Thanks For Commenting.

Hey Hamed, You Must Come And See What’s Going On. Cuz Iran Has More Than “A Lot Of” Bands.

Hey Anonymous, Yeah I Heard That Myself, Too. Lots Of Bands Did This. Cuz In Iran, Not Everybody Have Studios. So They Have To Put Samples So They Can Record In Their Dark Room.

Hey Nightwolf Band, Maybe He Is Right. And Even If He Is Wrong, No Need To Be So Rude.

Hi Hamid, Yeah I Know That. A Lot Of People Say That To Me. But I Just Have My Own Method. And How And From Where Must I Read Your Blog?

Hey Yahya, Forget That Boy Cuz He’s Half Dead. I’m Working On Him. And Soon, He’s Begging At Your Feet. ;)

Hey Farhang, I Think You Have To Wait More, Cuz I Still Didn’t Do Anything For Puzzle. I Have Something Else That At Least You Will Like More.

So, I Have A Breakup Before I’ll Tell You About Puzzle. Cuz There Isn’t Much Info About Them Just Like Puzzle. I Just Know These Guys. I Don’t What’s Up About Them. Anyways, Last Night, I Was Having Another Interview On Yahoo! This Time Is Took Me More Time. The Interview Was With Two Members Of A Local Band Called Vahshi. Vahshi Means “Wild” In Persian Language.

Vahshi Was Formed In Azar, 1384 (December 2004), When 3 Three Colleges, Elnaz, Drummer, Negin, Vocal, And Nina, Guitarist, Finally Found Themselves A Bassist Called Raha. They Turned The Parking Lot Of Nina’s House To A Dead Room. At First, It Wasn’t Serious For Them. They Just Covered Songs From Pink Floyd And Radiohead. Tough All Of Them Love Gothic Metal. But Then, They Got The Chance To Play In A Goodbye Party. And They Started To Work Out Very Fast. Nina And Raha Both Lived In The U.S For Most Of Their Life. They Wrote English Lyrics About Death And That Love Is Fake And Other Stuff. But Negin Liked The Band To Be A Little Different. So She Started Writing Farsi Lyrics Which All Of Them Loved. So They Decided To Put Farsi Lyrics On Gothic Songs. None Of Them Were That Good At Writing Music. So They Just Put Negin’s Farsi Lyrics On Gothic Songs. Now They Have One EP Which Has 4 Songs. But Elnaz Decided Not To Have Me Put Their Songs On My Blog.

The Lineup:
Negin S. – Vocals, Piano, Keyboard
Raha – Bass, Acoustic, Back Vocals
Nina A. – Lead Guitarist, Rhythm Guitarist, Acoustic
Elnaz – Drums

Here’s The Interview. I’m A, Elnaz Is E And Negin Is N. The Bullshit Between The Parentheses Are The Info I Give To Non-Iranian People.

A: First Of All, Introduce Yourselves.

E: My Name Is Elnaz, 21. I Play The Drums For 5 Years.
N: My Name Is Negin, 20. I’m The Vocal And Pianist Of Vahshi Band. I Write Most Of Our Songs. I Play Piano Since I Was 6. I’ve Been Working On My Singing For 7 Years.

A: Introduce The Band. Anything You Want To Say.

E: The Band Is Called Vahshi. Formed 2 Years Ago. We Have An EP Called How To Die In 30 Minutes. It Has 4 Songs, All Of Them Farsi. Three Original And One Of Them Is “Otagh-e Abi” (The Blue Room) From Sohrab Sepehri.

A: Favorite Bands?

E: Anathema, Pink Floyd, A Perfect Circle, Immortal, Forest Of Shadows. In Iran, I Liked S.D.S. Their Drummer Is Very Good.
N: Anathema, Death, Deicide, Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson. In Iran, O-Hum.

A: Favorite Original Songs?

E: I Love All Of Them, But “Varooneh” (Inside-Out) Is One Of The Bests Cuz It Has Drum Solo. If Covers Count, I Think One Last Goodbye From Anathema.
N: Well, Definitely Elnaz Is Right, But I Like “Holocaust” More Than All. Cuz I Think, It’s The Best Poem I Wrote. I Like The Transacoustic Cover From Anathema.

A: Well, Most Of Vahshi’s Lyrics Speaks About Materialism. Aren’t You Scared About It? I Mean If You Become Famous, Or Something>

N: Well, Forming A Girl Band In This Country Is Scary Enough By Itself. And Yeah, Add That One Up, Too. But We Never Want To Be Famous. Not Because We’re Scared, But Because We Don’t Want To Be Whores, Like Any Other Girls Who Did Something In Iran.

A: You Played Live. What About That?

N: Yeah, But All Them Were Our Friends. And There Weren’t More Than 30 People There.
E: I Think We Are One Level Lower Than Underground. We Are In The Shadows. I Don’t Think 50 People Have Our EP.

A: Some Of Iranian Bands Spread There Album Outside The Country. Did You Do That?

E: Most Of Nina’s Friends Live Outside. They Spread Our Albums.

A: So You Never Want To Make Money Out Of Music?
E: Well, No. We Just Do It For The Fun.
N: Yeah, We’re Just A Bunch Of Girls Who Wanna Be Different Than Others. We’re Being A Family. And Our Friends Worship Us.

A: If You Could Get Out Of Iran And Spread Yourselves And Become Famous, Would You Do That?

E: I Won’t. All My Friends Are Here. I Can’t Even Imagine Being In Another Country.
N: I Would. But Our Lyrics Are Farsi. How They’re Supposed To Work?

A: Give Us Some Info About What’s Going On In The Band?

E: Well, We Gave You The Bio. To Add Up, The Leader Of The Band Is Negin. We Were Together In University. And We Met Raha In A Party. She Is The Only One In The Band Who Played In Other Bands. We Saw Her Live With “The Missing”, In An Underground Festival. We Have A Good Access To The Underground World Of Tehran.
N: Actually, I’m Not The Leader. I Mean We Play Songs In Our Houses. Then Come Together And Play It. Everybody Complain And Everybody Talks. It’s So Fun Sometimes. Especially When It Gives Raha Migraines.

A: Elnaz, You Said You Guys Have A Good Access To The Underground World Of Tehran. Why Don’t You Manage Some Lives?

E: Because We Don’t Even Wanna Be That Famous. In A Restricted Country Like This, The Underground World Is So Big. I Mean “ZedBazi” (The Most Successful Rap Band Of Iran, In My Opinion) Is Underground, Too. But You Can Hear Them Anywhere. On A 10 Years Old Boy’s Cell Phone, Or On A Stereo Of Some 23 Years Old Madman, Or On A Party Of 14 Years Old Girls, Which They’ll Die To Sleep With Those Guys. We Don’t Want That Much Fame. And It Can Be 100 Times More Dangerous For Us To Be Famous.

A: You Said Earlier, Negin, That You Are Far From Underground. Why You Are Interviewing With Me At First Place?

N: First, Because You Are Young, But You’re Doing Good And I Liked Your Blog. Second, We Don’t Gave You Much Info. We Just Wanted People Know That Iranian Girls Exist. You Know What I Mean?

A: Well, Yeah. But I Can Ask You Anything. This Is An Interview.

N: And I Can Refuse To Answer.

A: Okay. How Can Someone Play Both Rhythm Guitars And Lead On A Live Concert?

E: Nina Didn’t Do That. For Song Recording, She Does It Track-per-Track. On Our Concert, One Of Our Friends Called Arash Did It.

A: Last Question, Will “Vahshi” Ever Comes Out Of The Shadows?

E: Maybe. How Can You Tell? Maybe One Year Later, There’s No Islamic Rebulic Anymore.
N: Yeah, Right.

A: Rate My Blog, Interview, Anything.

E: You Seem To Be Damn Cool Kid. I Rate “Anything” 8 From 10
N: Well, Comparing You With The Experts Gives Us A Bad Result. But For A 16 Years Old Boy In The Heart Of Iran, I Rate You 10.

A: Last Words?

E: I Wish Luck For You And Your Band And Every Other Bands In Iran. I Wish Someday Iranian Bands Can Come Out Of The Shadows, Too. And I Wish, Someday, I Could Walk The Streets Of Tehran Without Wearing A Scarf.
N: I Wish Iranian Bands Can Go Further Than Any Other Countries. I Wish There Can Be Lots Of Iranian Bands In Every Festival. Rocking Together With Metallica, And Green Day, And Pain, And Everyone Else.

Well, Guys, I’m Waiting For Support. Till’ Next Time.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eyval arya dazet dard nakone
Gothic sabke bahalie vali bara man na
omidvaram movafagh bashin o ye rooz hamatoon ba ham rock am ring berin vali fek nakonam ta oon moghe Metallica dige bashe
chon hala hala vaziat intori mimoone
energy hastei ham ke radif shod ye 20 30 sali ham hookoomat mehmoone ma hast
begzarim
dar kol movafagh bashin in gooroohe khafan !
arya joon daste dard nakone man khate avale bio e gooroohemoono nevehstam baghiash goshadim gereft , say mikonam ta chand sale ayande benevisam :)) just kidding :D bye

8/6/06 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shomaha hamoonai nistin ke ba guitare omade bodin live s.d.s?

8/6/06 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there Elnaz and Negin,
keep on rocking..but one thing,I don't think becoming famouse is becoming whores if thats what you meant.just do your music and see if people like it or not and try to give it to anyone that you can, since you can't play live in public.althoough I'm not a gothic music fan at all,I would love to see you play either live or at the rehearse session,I dont know if you have web site or not but you could try putting your songs on the web site or at Myspace.com thats a good way to start.
anyway keep up the good work
we may also have a live in Tehran before we leave for the EU concerts so we may see you there.
good luck
yahya
127
http://www.127band.com

8/6/06 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there Elnaz and Negin,
keep on rocking..but one thing,I don't think becoming famouse is becoming whores if thats what you meant.just do your music and see if people like it or not and try to give it to anyone that you can, since you can't play live in public.althoough I'm not a gothic music fan at all,I would love to see you play either live or at the rehearse session,I dont know if you have web site or not but you could try putting your songs on the web site or at Myspace.com thats a good way to start.
anyway keep up the good work
we may also have a live in Tehran before we leave for the EU concerts so we may see you there.
good luck
yahya
127
http://www.127band.com

8/6/06 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys its good that people comment in different ways and I strongly oppose any censorship but if you want Blogs like this to go on I think its better to stay away from Scarf or IR or Nuclear issue and politics,who knows who will read the blogs,and as we all know filtering web sites and blogs is peace a cake these days
so lets focuse more on the MUSIC itself
rock on
yahya
127
http://www.127band.com

8/6/06 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everybody
im nina from vahshi
well frst of all thank u arya for caring for iranian music
2nd thank everyone who showed support
akct, only elnaz came o the sds and she's a drummer, and we have better things to do for show-off than comin to a concert with a guitar
hey yahya
im sure elnaz and negin didn't we'll become whores if we become famous
but in iran, it was always like this
people make celebritys out of everyone
there is no difference beetween a p**n star and a rocker, like everybody says hadieh tehrani is a whore which is wrong cuz she's my auntie.
and i agree with the 2nd part of yahya's comment
they'll filter arya's blog in one second, so take the political part to the chat maybe
ok?

9/6/06 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and 1 more thing yahya
read the 1st comment
"gothic chiks" he called us
now u know what i mean?
its like i call u alternative dicks

9/6/06 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)) good point Nina((the chicks and the Dicks thing)) but still I don't think these things should stop anyone from doing what they're doing.I really dont know what he meant by saying Chicks but even if he meant that, it shouldn't bother you,everybody has an opinion,right or wrong.
although I'm not a fan of your Auntie,still I have a great respect for her as an actress,but thats not only here in Iran everywhere people try to make sex talks about female celebrities but even if its only in Iran,well someday they have to learn,maybe that happens when women come out of their "self made" caves and show others who they really are.
thnx
yahya
127
http://www.127band.com

P.S: Nina what are the chances that I see you gals play live or at the rehearsal??

9/6/06 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam
Bandeh Blackmetal E Avinar az ham pashid.
sds ham vocal peyda karde
vali shayad mojavez nadan
xplode ham albumesh be zodi miad
dar zemn man drumereh bandeh blackmetal hastam
esme goroham asvaran
gablan trash mizadim
alan black

11/6/06 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who the f**k u think u r anonymous?
first of all asvaran hates BM
maybe lots of people dunno bout them but i do
im their frnd since 8 yrs ago
so dont u ever f**kin dare say bullshit bout them
and avinar wasnt even a band
it was a bastard who played guitar with sample bass and drums
and f**k sds cuz the suck
they just play music to be famous
they dunno anything about underground music
so this isn't a place to talk bout them
hey arya ure doing good
by the way did u hear anything from vahshi?
were they good?

11/6/06 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there Hamed,frankly I didnt like your tone but anyway I don't know Asvaran either but I remember once I saw their bass player(don't remember his name)online and he gave me the adress to their website and he said they are a Black metal band,well after all I don't care about the name of the genres.what is Important is Music not the names
and also I don't like the music of SDS or either Asvaran or other metal bands but not because I think they aren't good,just because I dont like metal music at all BUT I DO respect all their works as a musician and remember DIVERSITY is what we need.
one more thing: I don't think this page is for NEWS if you take a look it says COMMENT,if you have news to be published here,well you can send them to ARYA the owner of the blog so he can put it on a news page let's give comments about the band reviewed and again focus on the music well thats only my suggestion.Arya gets to deside.
thnx
yahya
127
http://www.127band.com

11/6/06 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vahshi band
we play gothik too
love to see u soon
hey arya
nice job man
but to be honest with u i don't like blogspot
Bcuz in here we alll use dial-up
it takes a decade to upload

12/6/06 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too iran metal too tatilat be sar mibare gooroohai mesle SDS bayad chiz haye bezanan ke taraf dar peyda konan hala harchi az gooroohaye under ground bedoonan ya na , levik ghablan too gooroohe black star bood ke ye consert too ararat dashtan ke pishtar ahang haye metallica va iron maiden va pink floyd o ocver kardan oon goorooh ziad davoom nayovord , oona kheyli besoorate underground kar kardan , az hichi khabar nadar majboori biay comment bezari haji ???????
dar kol SDS bayad har kari bokone baraye davam va mahboobiat har kari mohem nist aghalan ma bedoonim ye goorooh darim ke mojavez dare delemoon be in khosh bashe albate man nesbatan ziad khosh halam chon in goorooh bishtar azash armanie
feylan na nazare badi 1!!!!

12/6/06 12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arya bloget kheili aalie.amma moteAsefane aghaye YAHYA fek kardan inja chatroome chon az 10 ta comment 9 tash vase aghaye YAHYAst.aghaye YAHYA bikari boro jagh bezan;) .amma dar har soorat karet aalie arya ke karet kheili khoobe hatman edamash bede.dar akhar ham dobare arz mikonam ke aghaye yahya in ghesmato vase shoma nazashtan ke biai khatkhaty koni bashe?dar zamn age khassi dobare comment bezari kamtar az 30 khat benevis cheshemoon dard migire bekhaim bekhoonim.movvafagh bashi;).

13/6/06 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont care if you or others like my comments or not.I say it. whatever I like,whenever I like.
thats what the comment page is all about.if you don't like it well thats non of my buisness you can go fuck yourself.
you don't even have the guts to say your real name.
yahya
127

14/6/06 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home